Monday, September 16, 2013

~Lemon Scones & Purple Sangria Artichokes~

Stan and I worked in the garden all weekend, cutting back plants, taking others out because of the heat, planning new projects and 
of course, mowing the lawn.
 I wanted to make something simple for a dessert.
I love any recipe with lemons in it.

I found this Lemon Ginger Scones mix at Home Goods and
 thought this was the perfect day to whip some up.
They were delicious and so simple to make.
I also went to Bread and Cie, one of the best bakeries
 in San Diego.
Some lemon bread was on my list too.
It was so Good!
I love Trader Joe's and saw these beautiful purple stock and had to buy them. I love the way the sun
 was shinning on them this morning.
We have a Sprouts downtown and I was shopping one day and saw these awesome purple artichokes.
Stan took a photo next to our pumpkin, they're so Purple!
They're called Sangria Artichokes from Frieda's, a specialty produce company. I have never seen them before.We cooked them that night and they were so tender and sweet.
I went back the next day to get more. I will definitely like to grow some in our garden next year. So now, I'm on a quest to find some.
I also stopped by my favorite store, Home Goods
 and picked up a new little treasure for the mantel.
A girl's got to do,
 what a girl's got to do.
~SHOP~
Happy Monday to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment