Thursday, November 7, 2013

~Handmade Velvet Pumpkins and Simple & Sweet Fridays #88~


I love velvet pumpkins.
I have been seeing wonderful blogs making the most beautiful velvet pumpkins
 and I wanted to make some for the holidays.
I have these Fall letters and
 they have a tint of blue in them.
I thought why not make some pretty blue velvet pumpkins to go with the theme.
I went to a Fabric store and found just the right shade of blue.
My friend, Mary gave me this pretty glass pumpkin that I thought would go perfect with the vignette.
I think you could make pumpkins of every color if you wanted to.
I found this material at a garage sale.
So pretty as pumpkins, 
don't you think?
Dry some pumpkin stems from Halloween,
they really make them look magical and real. 
They look so elegant no matter where you place them.
Yes, I definitely will make more.
If you've never made any,
you have to make at least one.
It's a wonderful project for the holidays.
I wanted to share with you
 how I displayed my glittered acorns.
I had Stan cut some branches from the garden.
I placed some lights on them and hung them with wire.
I drilled a hole in the center and glued a bent wire to it.
Of course, Stan helped me. 
I added some butterflies to the branches.
Just the look I wanted for the holidays.
I also displayed the acorns with some moss and a candle.
I'm sure you'll have fun with both of these projects.

Now let's see what you've been working on!!




If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment