Sunday, July 22, 2012

~French Toile Lampshades~

I wanted to add some French flair to a chandelier I had in the garden.
I found these lampshades at a thrift store for 50 cents each. What a bargain! I love the black & white toile, it's so French. I went to Joann's Fabric Store and they had just what I wanted on sale.
I cut out a pattern out of paper. I have never made lampshades before, so it was all trial and error.
I cut the material out and used Loctite spray adhesive to tack it down.
I picked out two trims and decided to go with the classic look.
I didn't cut the material perfect so it was easy to hide with the black trim.
I just love the way they all looked finished.
I placed them on the chandelier for that French romantic look.
I love the way the gazebo looks now.
We'll see how long the lampshades last outside.
I can always find more at a thrift store.
I have another idea for this spot.
I'll show you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment