Tuesday, May 29, 2012

~Potager Garden~

 
I've been wanting to paint signs for our garden and finally started this weekend.
Found this old sign for $1.50 at a thrift store.
Got my dark blue paint out and just did one coat.
Starting painting with some white paint.
I wasn't sure how it would turn out.
I liked the white but I wanted that English Cottage look to it.
So I finished up with a gold paint.
Potager means a French style 
ornamental kitchen garden.
A potager is similar to the traditional English cottage garden but mainly based on vegetables and other edible plants and herbs.
It is usually a separate area from the rest 
of the residential garden.
Our garden has grown so much this year. 
The heat in San Diego is just right for the flowers and vegetables.
Hope you liked the project.
Love the Purple Canterbury Bells.
I need a Pumpkin Patch sign for our new area.
Always something new in the garden,
 yellow columbine, peach alstroemeri 
and roses everywhere.
~Happy Gardening~

No comments:

Post a Comment