Wednesday, May 29, 2013

~Projects With The Paintbrush and Simple & Sweet Fridays~

I have seen so many blogs that have displayed ladders in their homes or in their gardens. Painting them different colors and placing flowers, books or collectibles on them.
Someone was going to throw this one away, so I rescued it from the trash and brought it home. I took out my Annie Sloan "Old White" Chalk Paint and dry brushed a coat of paint on it.
I really liked how the paint gave it a vintage look. 
I put it inside first, to see if I liked it.
Then I tried it outside, next to our old screen doors.
I had painted them with Annie Sloan "Duck Egg" Chalk Paint.
I love the old glass door knob. 
I'm still deciding which spot I like the best.
I wanted to share with you this next idea. I thought it would be a great afternoon project for  kids.
I bought a galvanized watering can and painted it with some white paint.
Then I took a marker and just sketched on the can.
The kids could draw anything and then have
 their own watering can for the garden.
A Simple Fun Project!



Happy Thursday everyone!
Last weeks Simple & Sweet Favorites!

Go check out Design Till It Shines' post Farmhouse Whites!
Diane will have you collecting vintage whites and kitchen collectibles to display in your home. She adds a romantic touch with flowers, so pretty!
Be sure to check out Diane's blog!

Go check out Penny's Treasures' post Flags on the Clothesline!
Penny shares her creative idea of displaying flags on an antique clothesline. Her old washing machines add a little whimsy to a cute memorial tribute!
Be sure to check out Penny's blog!

Go check out Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson's post Sneak Peek of Where I Will Create!
Jann will inspire you with her beautiful craft room. You'll love how she organized her cupboard wit numbered baskets. So creative!

Go check out Jann's blog!

Go check out At the Farmhouse's post Banana Cake!
Suzy makes the most amazing banana cake in a ring tin. She decorates it with icing and pecans. So Delicious!
Be sure to check out Suzy's blog!


Go check out Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink's DIY Faux Chalkboard Garden Signs!
Jennifer shares her idea of using an old picket fence and chalkboard paint to create whimsical garden signs. I love her free hand veggie pictures!
Be sure to check out Jennifer's blog!


If you have been featured on
Simple & Sweet Fridays,
feel free to add my button!
Rooted In Thyme

Happy Simple & Sweet Fridays!
Do you have any posts that you find 
inspiring for other bloggers to read! 
 Just link them up.  It's just that simple.

The Rules:
Please become a follower of Rooted In Thyme & grab my button so everyone can join the fun!
Please link up a post that you think everyone will love!
No direct blog links, etsy links, linky parties, or advertising links.
Please look at 3 links that bloggers have linked up and comment them telling them why you looked that their post

Enjoy the Simple & Sweet Friday linky party!

Rooted In Thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment